R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2002, 09:32 AM
MattW
Tech Master

Raised roll centre

Guys, the factory is well aware of this mod for the front of the car. We have been testing a slight variation on it for about 6 weeks. We have been running with the origional front brace (spaced up), with the 0 deg fireblade block where the steering part once was. It is mounted in the outer hole rather than the inner hole that Kevin has used. The advantage of this is that you still have the variation of arm sweep, however if you try and run parallel it actually "toes in" very slightly. For this reason we have been running the 2 deg outward arm sweep. I think it is more like 1.5 deg with this mod.

We spoke about running it like Kevin's a couple of weeks ago, but personally i don't really want to go there as it leaves the front of the chassis to weekened for my liking (one of the proto cars suffered a broken chassis with a similar arangement).

However, just to add a slightly different slant to it, the guys that went to the LRP Masters last weekend tried the mod and then removed it as it mave the car "evil" on corner exit. Because of how the block is, it is very easy to reverse as you simply have to turn the block the other way round.