R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC 1/10 Pan Car
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 06:29 AM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I got a couple runs in last night. The first run the car just wasn't right. It was very edgy and was darting on the straight. I readjusted the tweak, toe and put more compound on the front tires. Then it felt great. I don't know when I did it, but it was geared really really wrong too. Rollout was approaching 4 inches and the motor was really hot. No wonder I had no infield punch. I fixed that on the bench last night and will be around 3.10" RO for practice on Saturday and can go up or down a couple pinion teeth from there. It is time to cut down some new front tires though. I ran the inside foam ring right off the rim. The rears are starting to get down there too, right around 2mm of material left on the rim, about 52mm. Time for another set of 56mm (2.20") all the way around. I'm going to use Bill's advice and cut 2 sets of fronts and rotate.

I'm trying something different to adjust ride height by shimming the king pin. Someone has probably already done it on one of these and is what is done for most of my RC F1 cars. I'm using the 1/8" ID plastic Associated spacers on the kingpin, the 10th king pins and perches with 12th springs. I haven't run it like this yet, but thought it was less of a pain than putting a stack of shims under the lower arms. I have .45, .50, CRC springs to test with.

Last edited by liljohn1064; 05-04-2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: additional craziness