R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 07:13 AM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
I started playing with the FGX and so far I'm not impressed with the Chinese quality of it. It's got a long way to go before I get it out on the track. First things first, the diff. I tried the ball diff. It's junk pure and simple. It feels like a pepper grinder. It's either too loose or too tight with no middle balance and horribly rough no matter what. I'm tempted to take it apart and rebuild it but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. I built the gear diff last night. It's just the gear equivalent of it's ball diff pos cousin. I have no oil in it and it doesn't turn very freely due to the o-ring tightness. I'm sure this loosens up after running a bit though but so far I don't see a usable diff in unmodified stock form.

So what's the trick? Are you guys taking these things apart to tweak them or is everyone just content with running pure junk for a diff?

Agreed, the ball dif is AWE FULL! I will tell you that it is the thrust bearing which can be solved by replacing with separate items, just have to source it out.