R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 04-21-2012, 08:33 PM
erchn
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I had a really fun race day here at NorCal. Competition was high, as was the heat. Quite a few of the racers had failures due to heat. My car was finally on pace, and feels like what I'm looking for out of this ride. I would still like the car to get into the corner slightly better, as the rear of the car was nothing but purely planted, but it also had great corner speed, and was very consistent steering throughout the corner and the race. Very happy.

The grinding and shimming I did on the transverse gears made a difference, but the car is still pretty loud. It's gotten less distracting now that I know what to expect, but the "cute" remarks on it's noise are tiring. I'm looking forward to the possible plastic gear to replace G01 or G02.

I personally would like to see some effort to move the motor forward a little bit more, as I think my front to rear balance is nearly as good as it's going to get and it's still 52% to the rear. It's measurably further back from other TCs as well.

Setup is pretty darn close I think, car was easy to drive and was fast.

Thanks everyone for your help previously, and thanks to Dominic for donating his spare top deck that I broke in practice, before races.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
asphalt norcal 4-21-2012.pdf (342.2 KB, 234 views)

Last edited by erchn; 04-21-2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: clarity and spelling