R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 10:25 PM
J-PaP
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastvee
Hi all, I´m new to F1 rc (but have raced touring cars/VTA for some time).

I would like to learn few things:

I have the F104 Pro . Just build and only hop up is the alloy motor mount. -And changed the king pin spacers to alloy ones also.

Got pit(0571 and 0572) and tamiya rubbers(soft rears/hard fronts) to try but need help with setting this up for cold low grip asphalt track.

The pit 571 is good. Get the pit 575 for the rear though. They work a charm for cold weather. Tamiya rubber is no good for cold conditions so don't bother until the warmer months. Though I'd still stick to using pit 571/572 when warmer.

I have ordered the counterweight for rear axle ,Tamiya front spring set and 3racing T-bars.(all 3 T bars and all 3 one piece T bars).
-What is the difference with one piece t-bar and the 2 piece t-bar setups?

Just the way they mount. The one piece will be lighter weight and you could argue they will be more durable. Just use the 1.3mm ones as they are softest.

The O-ring that is under the middle screw in the T-bar,(roll adj. screw) what is that for, fine tuning the damper plate settings maybe? -I know it adjusts roll(doh) ,but what does that do to the car.

Stops the car from bottoming out. I use the blue trf o ring in there instead of the black one. The orange o ring would be fine as well. I also suggest when the t bar is flat (holding car sideways) have the screw sticking out about .5-1mm.

The servo is installed like on manual but alot of bump steer, is this something to fix or just designed to work like this? -I have read that the servo can be angled but is there any info to what angle/etc. things to know?

No input on this one. I am making the car work with the standard servo position.
I know this is alot of q´s but I have read this whole topic and did not find help to solving these things.

Can you help me to set this thing up?

thanks,

Pate
Some other things I did to my car (running night time on asphalt which gets fairly cold) include running the gold m04 spring in the rear damper with 25-30wt oil. 3-5 degrees toe out on the front arms. 1.5 degrees camber. ensure the front-rear ride height is identical (4-5mm depending on the track).

That should give you a pretty good point to work with. Keep in mind though the car is 2wd so it will never be able to be pushed out of corners like a TC can.

Originally Posted by alanchow
anyone see it yet?

Great to finally see a picture of it. Looks interesting so I look forward to driving one once it is out. I'm sure it'll make me retire the f104x1.