R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 04-20-2012, 07:29 AM
MDawson
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hana166
If the Xray drivers aren't bright enough to make these calculations/decisions for themselves that right there is an indication they should stick with Xray

Makes for an easy life, I don't spend all day rebuilding shocks, re-tweaking when all I want to do is change the spur, paying silly money for upgrades..and crashes..hopefully thats all in the past now. I'm more than happy for others to spend their money with Xray, means I don't get asked any questions at the track

Sorry just too old and cynical
These were largely folks that we shopping for a new kit. They knew I tried the Xray, 417 and A700 - they wanted to know what I thought.

You can do a lot with the Xray with spacers and springs. Tamiya - there are springs, blocks, split blocks that can drive some costs.

If I wasn't driving an A700 - I know that there are two (maybe more) totally capable cars in my arsenal that have the springs, blocks, split block, spacers, top deck, flex chassis, spools, diffs, spliffs, shocks, rebuild kits and enough arms, hubs, knuckles....

That just gave me a headache. I need to have a garage sale!