R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 06:35 PM
J-PaP
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aackjw
just wanted to ask experts on f1 setting out there about the issue i've been having from day 1.
1.I tried to rebuild diff several times on my x1 to get that 'smooth' feel. I was never successful. it IS smooth before I lock the nut but as soon as I lock it, it feels bumpy when i turn it by hand. the current setting is 90 degree CCW after full lock. Is there any tip I should remember other than manual? I've been researching this issue since I bought the car and nothing yet.
2. how hard do u guys hit break for tight corner after long straight? I set to fast on my radio for ABS and my car spins every time. Is there any magic for this? My setting is default by manual.
THat's it for now.
Since there's no one around my area running f1 im running at prking lot at night after work alone. Even so I have a blast alll the time. F1 is just freaking cool!!
1. Sand the diff plates with 400-600 grit sandpaper. Are you tightening till it won't tighten any further? If you have you likely damaged the diff balls. You want to tighten till the diff doesn't slip. Then tighten 1/8 of a turn at a time till you feel the car drives how you want.

2. Very much depends on your esc/motor/radio. Mine is at around 80% travel on the radio. 100% on esc. Just keep reducing your brakes on the radio till it stops spinning