R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 04-14-2012, 10:40 PM
hitcharide1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Well....

Originally Posted by Taylorm
....i think 30 shore would be fine for our pans....the Toledo track isnt highly abrasive compared to other tracks ( from what i hear)...and 4WD will kill 30 shore in short order..but you just cant lay the power in a pan like 4WD.......32-35 would probably be ideal but if 30 shore can be had for next to nothin.....count me in............i think i currently have 35's on my 300 and they seem to last a LONG time.........
If nothing else, these things should grip like hell on 2wd, I figure traction would be the least of the issues. I first started this tire thing because I plan to run 4wd this year as well...and the price of tires is just silly...and you can't buy just the foam....and I figured there has to be another way. Like I said, I'm not sure about making a main with these, but if I made combo sets with a stiffer outer ring, they'd be perfect, and I need the stiffer stuff for 4wd anyhow. I'm hoping the new samples turn out good AND don't cost an arm and a leg. I told the sales rep that if this stuff works out, there'd be plenty of ppl would like to buy the stuff as well, so I have hopes it'll work out. One way or another, I will find a supplier for decent foam at a decent price, I won't settle for more than 2 bucks my cost per tire.