R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 04-13-2012, 08:08 AM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Damon
Great work Ed, thank you!
I had a TRF416X and I ran F -2.28 R -4.43 (calculated with your previous sheet )

Now in the same track with A700 I ran F +0.78 R +0.78....
That's kinda the idea I'm trying to understand about the car. I know what worked well on the tam, so I'm going to shoot for a similar F-R split, as, IMO, that's what deals with the balance. I'm not saying the numbers need to be the same, but I tend to use the split between F&R to help define the balance of the car.
A couple of things to remember about this car, firstly the CoG is lower, and secondly (certainly with the long car) the weight is more central. Both year point contribute to a car that doesn't use roll to generate grip. I'm not saying it does need to roll as much (the low CoG is a help, deffiently in traction roll conditions) but in low grip, roll helps to numb reaction, and generate grip, in my experience.
Obviously, there are a lot of other settings to change (setup is compromise after all!) but it gives an indication at least. And that's all it is really, a tool to help, doesn't replace testing stuff out

Last edited by TryHard; 04-13-2012 at 09:38 AM.