R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 06:42 AM
qwkpony
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
I always tell people to start with the box setup. It's actually decent and just need to pick the oil for your track and go drive. One of the fastest guys at my LHS track was using the kit setup for a few months until the layout changed.

The 210 is nothing like the 22, so you need to figure out how the car drives to you out of the box, then start making adjustments so the car will drive how you want it to. Also, the fast 210 drivers have their cars setup for how they drive and how they feel the car needs to be. No RC racer drives exactly like another, and their driving characteristics are going to be built into how they setup the car.

One thing I've found out about this car, is you either have the right setup and it's butter, or you have one thing off and it you will never be able to push it to 100% of it's full capabilities, which this car packs a ton of.

Remember, tires are 90% of the setup. Get those, pick your oils, and go have fun with the car.

If you still want to use someone's setup, I'd suggest taking a look at what changes they made from the box setup, learn what those changes are designed to do, and figure out what you need for your track, and how those changes will help you better your car.

-Auto
Excellent advice. I had never thought about it that way. Thanks.