R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - lcg chasis slash 4x4
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 01:11 PM
mulepic
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeInCtown
What seems to be the kit of choice? I am unsure of carbon fiber matched with my crashing abilities, but I really like the fact that the front and rear sections are replaceable and the individual components are less expensive. $40 for a CF center section vs $75 for the Al pan. I keep reading that the RCE kit has a tighter turning radius as well. However, there is something to be said about the durability of a thick aluminum chassis plate.
It would be very difficult to break that carbon plate. I took my trce on a large 1/8 scale track for kicks and grins and the owner was surprised I did not break my chassis. I was casing enormous jumps for a whole pack. I broke a body mount and some other traxxas pieces but none of the trce parts.

Also, once I hit a cement block at full speed at the end of a straight. It had fallen into the track from the infield and I never saw it. I broke the front bulkhead. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one to do so.

I wouldn't worry about the durability of either kit. You will love the lcg slash 4x4!