R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 04-09-2012, 02:38 AM
JAM Racing
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HenryC
The local track runs World GT with 13.5 motors, 1S LiPo and ESC blinky mode. I smoked my Tekin last night so I thought I would try a Hobbywing 1S mainly because it has a built in DC/DC booster and some of the other local drivers seem to love it. I installed it today and it works just fine when loaded with either the STOCK or MOD software version. When I loaded the "V3_508_NO timing" sofware (blinky mode), when the ESC is turned on it gives me the 2 beep input voltage warning and the motor will not run. This is with a freshly charged 1S LiPo (double checked and it is at 4.2V). The ESC will not even talk to the program box in order to revert to another software load. I had to hook up a 2S LiPo in order to make any changes. Switch back to the STOCK or MOD software version and everything is OK. Switch back to blinky and same problem. I tried dropping the low voltage cut-off down to 2.6V, same problem. The only way it will work is if I set the low voltage cut-off to Non_protected, which the Hobbywing site recommends not doing with lithium batteries.

Anybody had this same experience? If so, got a solution?

Thanks,

Henry
i dont think hobbywing relised the number of cars that would use blinky and this oversight is supposed to have a fix this week if you read back this is on the forum.

time my friend ..weve been using a stop watch for over 2 months now so it is managable.
run 3 minutes practise and asses the charge required to get back to fully charged not a good fix but its all ive got except a noisy battery alert( aerploane style) hope that help but im sure Cobra will ensure that we get the product support we need