R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 01:18 AM
acutts
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Eirik
Scott,

I just ordered 1pcs of the Excel part, just to see what it was.
It included 4pcs of the graphite spacers, two for front and two for rear. I think Hara was using the same parts at the ROAR Nats.

The 2mm washer under the steering link ball stud is located out by the hub, this will do the oposite of lowering the graphite steering plate. Again this will make the car more predictable and easier to drive!

Tip: Make sure your diff outdrives are in good shape, when they are worn you will loose steering and rear traction!!
The Delrin diff will make a big difference + it last allot longer!!

Good luck at the KO Race, I had plans to go there, but I have other commitments that weekend.....

Cheers
Cool will put the order in for the Excel part. I had seen that Hara was using it a while back on his car. I see from the pics of your car you are using the graphite drive shaft ... any opinions on how good it is and is it worth the money to buy?

Thanks will try that 2mm washer on the hub. I am using the delrin diff outdrives with associated diff screw, t-nut, spring etc.

Thanks I am really looking forward to it .. pity you can't race cos it is apparently really good. Will let you know how testing goes ... I can't wait to try the changes.

Was looking at the old 22's I stripped off my car last night and one of the rears had come unglued from the rim ... that was also prob part of my problem ... what a muppet I am I didn't even check during finals...

Anyway my new sets of tires and inserts and wheels should arrive today ... Most of my old ones went in the bin last night.

Cheers
Scott

Last edited by acutts; 08-24-2004 at 02:08 AM.