R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI's DB12R
Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 06:44 PM
TimPotter
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am sure Jason has what you need, and if not, will figure out how to help you. He has been off the boards as of late due to the birth of his son.

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
I picked up a DB12R a while back and I have finally been able to get it running recently. So far things have been okay but as I get more and more into tuning this thing for my track, I'm beginning to find some some problems.

First of all, I am seriously behind on the learning curve for all things BMI and have just read back through many pages dating all the way to early '08 between the development of the single "R" and the double "R".

First problem: I am using 1s lipo with the o-ring to hold it in place. The lipo is pushed all the towards the back with the electronics holding it in front. The problem was that the rear end was not so free and seem to bind a bit in its movement. I notice its because the lipo case is pushing against the "hockey sticks" that is causing this binding. I need to move the battery more forward and find some way to hold it in the rear to keep it from binding on the suspension links.

Second problem: The chassis I have uses the two piece battery brace/ body mount holder. I notice that there is some flexing between the two sides. Other cars like CRC, Speedmerchant and etc. don't have this problem because of the tweak plate that braces the chassis in the rear. Is it okay to have this flexing?

It looks like the solution, after looking back on this thread, is the one piece battery brace. I found two different ones. One with the extra hole and the other without the extra hole. My chassis doesn't have the extra hole but I can probably drill the extra hole if need be. Just wondering if I need or want the brace with the extra hole or not. What are the advantages to mounting the suspension links on the extra hole?

Also, BMI doesn't show suspension links available on their website. Is it just not listed and maybe they still have left over stock to sell? I'm looking for the super thin ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.