R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 04-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Bishop
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
The highest ive seen the price for the v3 is $220 .Bishop can you show me the $265 pricing what website and which shop id like to have a look.
It's what CRC promoted as being the RRP, with retail being $230 from memory, either way $265 being anywhere within a promoted anything for a HW seems crazy.

What I do find funny is some of the promotion in general, things like data logging, a feature originally promised on the old model, as was certain other things, including a handful of stuff we never saw (revolutionary new way of cooling or something?).

Also this is a base price (so after forcing everyone to buy some other recent kit with programmers we already had?), programmer is still needed ($30 most places I checked), and all the talk of new ways of programing, that I'm guessing will be much more costly based on the V3 pricing.

And I'm a little critical of some of the features list, while innovation is being claimed, basically everything comes from other brands, so it's more imitation at best, I looked at the software (and was instantly disappointed), from what I can figure the GM's still do more, and I think their 90 claims around the same turn limit which is weird, making it a tiny bit cheaper possibly, if I were to spend that much I'd get the GM for sure (if only they would pick up a real distribution network outside of Europe).

But right now, I look at the V3, and realize as pretty as it may be, for 'the best in China', it's really pushing the limit of it's origins releasing above a whole field of far more established brands, and a couple new ones offering features I expected to see but don't (servo voltage control anyone?).

So I'm sorry but, $150-$175 I'd have been sort of impressed, where it sits right now having seen it's features, I think it's actually very disappointing, in fact I think the bling factor is blinding people to the fact it's not 'that' impressive.