R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HenryC
Could someone explain the benefit to mounting the camber link to the bearing cap versus the stock shock tower?
The difference is that you can make finer adjustments. For example, if you use a black ball stud with no washers, it is like using the #3 position on the shock tower. Adding 2.5mm under the ball stud is like using the #1 position on the shock tower. So with the new setup you have the ability to set the ball stud height anywhere in this range rather than be restricted to two options.

Originally Posted by icefish
does good charger and battery help on performance? and also did a good charger really help to keep more life for a battery ( for good battery and normal cheap battery ). let say i've a turnigy nano-tech 6000mah 65-130c 2s battery, how many A should i go on it? because normally i only put at 4.0A to charge it.

next question, i need help on tuning/adjust a car tweak, hope can explain in more simple way to me. thanks.
Always charge at the manufacturer's recommended rate. Charging at higher rates may reduce the cycle life of the battery. I see no evidence where charging at a higher rate improves performance. In my opinion, the only benefit is that the battery charges faster.

With your battery, you should be able to charge at a 6A rate at least.

The way LiPo charging works, no charger should be able to give an advantage. But what does differ between chargers is the maximum charge voltage. Many chargers will only charge a battery to 8.35V (even if the screen shows differently). So if the maximum allowed voltage under the rules is higher than this (which all are), you are giving up some performance.

A charger with an adjustable voltage cutoff or what is sometimes called "voltage calibration" allows the user to fine tune the voltage cutoff so that the final voltage will match what is allowable under the rules. I know the LRP Pulsar 3 and Pulsar touch have this feature. Some other high-end chargers might as well but I don't know them off the top of my head.

Originally Posted by hermet
Just wondering if anyone has tried Olly Jefferies setup and what are their thoughts. I have made a few of the changes from stock setup to Olly Jefferies setup and have had good results. The setup is the closest I can find to suit the track I race at, it is a low to medium grip outdoor asphalt.
I have run Olly's "Testing" setup from Cotswolds with good luck. I ran it at the ROAR Carpet Nats and this past weekend at the Tamiya USA track with a few changes. Both of these events are what I would call medium grip. I will post my version of this setup shortly.