R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho TF-6
Thread: Kyosho TF-6
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Fusiongraphix
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I know this is the TF-6 thread, but the TF5 thread is pretty dead,

before i get into this too far, first off does the TF-6 ball or gear diff's work in the TF5?

I have a tf5 stallion and another TF5 Shin edition, they both use the same ball diffs and front spools. Im wondering if anyone knows what other brands that would work in this car for ball or gear diffs. OR if the TF6 diffs would work? I think the ZX-5 outdrives might work, i will just have to use almost all the zx5 diff parts, except use the tf5 pulley? but im not 100% sure if it will or not. I have a zx5 and compared diffs and they look like they will work.

but I really would like to use a gear diff. as long as the bearings fit and the cvds will reach inside the outdrives i should be good. I dont care if the pulleys are a different teeth amount?? mine are 33, but 34 should be fine..

anyhelp with this would be great or any other ideas.. the plastic ones suck, the aluminum ones suck and the newest ones that are white and you use the aluminum covers over those suck as well. i feel like you have to replace them every 5 drives if you race mod...