R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 07:09 AM
Martin Crisp
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Martin since I see your input in the S411 thread often and since I have your xxxmain book and the iphone app, I was just wondering, is this your kit of choice?

Sorry if you have answered this already.
Hi

Yeah...I drove for Tamiya for about 10 years, and then TOP sponsored me for about a year (thanks to EJ). I then decided to go independent for about a year where I drove the XRAY. Then an opportunity came up to drive for Serpent about 6 months ago. I love my Serpent cars. Don't get me wrong, the Tamiya's, Tops and XRAYS are all good cars, but I am really loving my serpent. Initially when I switched from my XRAY to serpent, I wondered if I had made a mistake as my serpent was not feeling very consistent at the snowbirds race as I would have liked - i.e. it wondered. But I figured some things out about the Serpent since then that have removed any second guessing from my mind. It was two simple things I changed on the car. The first was to use the hard arms, and the second was to use servo tape under the servo in addition to the normal method of connecting the servo to the chassis. These two things got rid of the inconsistent feeling. The car has proven to be very strong as wel, which given it's relatively low cost kit and parts...I think this is an excellent combination. Most importantly however I really like the fact that Serpent continues to ask it's drivers for feedback and then make product adjustments accordingly. They have taken driver feedback and provided good improvements quickly.