R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Jonny5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Azagar
Hey everyone, new to the DEX210 club and 10th scale buggy in fact. Purchased a friends roller with a ton of extra parts and then after putting a Tekin Rs + Fantom 7.5 I was just amazed at how great the buggy was I bought a second kit for even more parts/second car. Only thing I have broken so far was a rear shock tower, will definitely be investing in a CF one soon.

Absolutely loving the buggy, do have a question though hoping someone here could shed some light on. The rear wheels, is Drango phasing out the oversized hex style wheels in favor of pin only wheels? I noticed the extra set of wheels I have plus the ones carried at my LHS, practically the only TD items they carry, do not use the hexs like the ones included in the kit. Been running the wheels with just pin by using a pair of kyosho crush tubes as the spacers. Zero problems thus far. Would be nice to find an m5 spacer anodized in orange to match the accents of the car though.
They are actually phasing out the older pin style wheels, but with the popularity of the 210 and 410 V3 the 14mm rear wheels are selling out quick at most places. If you're in a jam, DE makes wheels for the 210 that work well.