R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - WESTERN NEW YORK - New Track - Limerock Speedway
Old 03-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Airlmeier4422
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default WESTERN NEW YORK Limerock Speedway

Hello everyone, I am currently working on opening a track up in Le Roy, NY at a race track called Limerock Speedway. It will be an off road track but we will attempt to accommodate any type or size RC vehicles. This track will be a simple layout made for beginners but will offer plenty of jumps and bumps to make great racing. We don't have all the details yet but currently working on a bi weekly racing schedule starting in May. Last year (2011) 5 of us would always race/play around during the intermission every Saturday night at 7pm. Then we decided to setup some cones and ramps to raced around which was really fun. A lot of people attend Limerock Speedway and many customers would like to see a class or a group of RC racing. I talked to the president of the track to see if we do get enough cars together, she said Limerock would allow a time slot for practice/ heats/ mains. As of now, I don't have pricing worked out BUT I know to enter the pits it will be $15 which is a regular charge for a pit pass. The problem here is, I don't want to ask people to pay $15 for a pit pass when they are not racing a sprint car, but then add another $10 to race. So I might be able to setup up a pit stall area in the general admission section. This would lower the price to $10 to race, $5 for admission. This could all change though and like I have said, we haven't had the chance to talk about prices and we don't know the car count either. There will be electric, bathrooms, and food stall at all times. If you are interested send me a pm on here. I am a veteran racer (about 5 years) and so far have about 10 people interested in racing. Again, we probably won't have classes (depending on car count) but just a big race to have fun and entertain the crowd. Let me know what you think, I have attached a flyer for a car show we are attending.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LIMEROCKRC.pdf (400.6 KB, 163 views)

Last edited by Airlmeier4422; 04-04-2012 at 09:12 AM.