R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 03-27-2012, 03:47 PM
5italkart
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default i agree

Originally Posted by MrHistory
I think the best entry level 4wd chassis is a Mugen mrx4x. i have one, and there are plenty around on ebay. i recently saw a new one on ebay and it was cheap. Rick V, a world class driver for Mugen, still used his mrx4x for some races last year. A great and affordable platform.

Since this thread is about 2wd pan cars, i will also say Garen Is The Man. He and Motonica can help make this class work. I am personally very surprised that this class has not taken the place of buggy based GT. Not to offend anyone, but the buggy based GT class is awkward--big slow lumpy blobs swaying around the track. They turn like the 1964 Impala I had in high school. A very un-athletic thing to witness. From my perspective the 2wd Pan car is very close to the elite 4wd class, and seems to be the obvious starting point for first time racers, and a cool category for nostalgic pan car gurus. Somehow I don't get the reasoning, but GT is popular and people have fun with the class. Oh well.
i agree garen is the go too guy for supplies, and lon sr. gets credit with giving us test drives with the "house cars". i also think the gt's are cumbersome like marshalling smart cars!. we are having a blast with old and new pans and like sr i will only run this class regular this year.