R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Cup Racer 1M
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 10:59 AM
aSab
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mattpar
hey ya'll

I picked up a set of MX60 tires/rims for my 1/10 carpet car. The problem I am having with the tires is that they are great for 3 laps, then the carpet fuzz collects on them/covers them and then the tires useless. Slide all over the place. Then I have to clean all the carpet fuzz off of them(using lighter fluid) Then they are back to being great for 3 laps then recollect carpet fuzz on them. I sauce the tires with Sticky Fingers traction compound, wait til the tires soak up the compound, then run it.

I don't have that bad of a problem with my other tires(VTA, team sorex, etc). Just these MX60 tires collect/accumulate the fuzz like mad,...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

EDIT: I'm running the medium compound
I tried the mediums once on our carpet track but it was like skating. The S compound is WAAAAY better. I do use MuchMore Blue Sap on it, and it doesn't collect any kind of fuzz. What also could be working as a traction compound is what the guys use for large typographic machines to rejuvenate their master rubber printing sets. A guy here at our track bought that stuff from them and it works on foam tires and rubber tires as well (I didn't give it a try yet)