R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - rookie LiPo question
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 10:48 AM
morvlorv
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default rookie LiPo question

I have recently gotten back into the hobby after a 20 year hiatus.

I am going to be running LiPo batteries, in fact I have already purchased 3 of them.

I have done a lot of reading on the web to try and understand this new to me technology and I think I get the basics and I understand how important it is to be safe with these, that is why I am posting here.

The batteries that I have purchased are GENS ACE 4000mah 2S1P 7.4V 30C Hard Case Lipo Battery ROAR Approved.

The charger I have is the Thunder AC6.

I have used it once for 1 charge after reading the instructions and watching some vids as well and there are a few things Im confused about.

After setting it for a 2s battery and charging it at 4.0 amps the charger recognizes it as a 2s battery.

but it charges it to 4.2v per cell with an end voltage of 8.4v and it has a capacity cutoff of 5000mah even though I set it at 4000mah.

Im not sure if all this is wrong or not.

Since this is the GENS ACE 4000mah 2S1P 7.4V 30C is it overcharging since it it charging it to 4.2v per cell for a total of 8.4v?

It just charged for 60mins and it says its full at 8.4v with 03051 being put into the battery.

The battery is not even the slightest bit warm.

Am I doing this all correct?

Thanks in advance.