R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 05:47 PM
BlackStarRacing
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I thought that way, too. I picked up some fiber-reinforced strapping tape at my hardware store for like $4. It worked, but it sucked. It fell apart when I peeled it off, and just made a mess. If I was in a rush to get the car on track, I didn't want to be spending 5 minutes cleaning strands of fiberglass stuck to my chassis.

I slummed a piece of Hudy tape from another racer, once, and never looked back, I just bit the bullet and bought a roll. Yeah, it's hella spendy, but there's a LOT of tape there. I've been on the same roll for like two years, and it will probably last me another 2, even changing tape every couple races as it loses stickiness. It's strong, it's nice and thin, it comes off clean... It's just good stuff.

I don't know if there are other brands out there with similar quality at a lower price. But be sure to look at how big the roll is. I seem to remember looking, and finding other brands that were half the price, but also half the roll size, so really the same price. I knew the Hudy stuff was good and didn't want to drop cash on something that was just a re-brand of the same stuff I got at the hardware store.

However.... if I had found something easily accessible in purple, I would have been forced to try that to match my Schui.

-Mike
Thanks Mike

i guess my issue was how long the rolls would last i guess amain here i come!!!