R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 06:30 PM
MikeR
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RicerX1
This is my first 1/10th scale on road car.

The car drives very well according to my friends that have more experience then me. The problem is I hardly get any drive time since everything seems to break so easily. I see people rolling and hitting things harder then I do, but they drive off unscathed. Now I'm scared to drive the car or even push the car a little as I'm scared to break anything and its really hindering the learning process.

I've been to the track 2 times and ran about through about 3 packs. And so far I've broken.

2 front upper arms then I went to turnbuckle front end
2 ball ends - pulled the threads out of the turnbuckle on the forward front upper arm link.
1 lower front arm
1 kingpin
1 rear arm

I'd say 1 out of ever 3 crashes breaks something.

I like the car too much to get rid of it. I drove and crashed my friends F1R and F104 and definitely like the way the FGX drives just not the way it crashes.

I'll probably shelf this car till I get better at driving (being able to drive straight, not overcorrect, and get my left right orientation properly).

Some tracks in socal are pretty harsh on cars. Don't get discouraged. What you can try for now is find a big smooth natural asphalt (not sealed) parking lot and set up some obstacles to drive around. A figure 8 is actually good rc exercise for new guys. After a few weekends of practicing like this you should feel more confident to hit up a race track on a practice only day.