R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 03-19-2012, 03:35 AM
bakaguyjean
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
What a great carpet season for F1!

Starting with the IIC in Vegas, then Cleveland, and now at the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals. This is a huge step in the right direction.

I hope common ground can be found soon between ROAR, IIC, UF1, and any and all race promoters and clubs. The sooner we establish a standard set of rules the better for racers and manufacturers. As the recent TOP and Serpent Prototypes show, manufacturers (including myself) are struggling as to which direction they need to go.

I personally have started working on a complete car design. The problem is I am not sure which design parameters I can or should use. (IRS or solid, 180 or 190). The last thing I want to do is spend time and money developing a car that will immediately be illegal in some of the major races.

I do not share the view that IRS will lead to insane prices for cars. An IRS car with a floating king pin front suspension would probably be in the ball park of $300 or less from TOP, Associated, etc. A fully loaded TC6.1 is $399 and you can get them for as low $350. Now from $399 subtract 2 shocks, front diff, front bulkheads, and the center belt. The current F104 Pro X1 is $280 with horrible parts availability.

I will accept whatever is decided as long as realism is the primary focus. NO 1/12TH SCALE FRONT SUSPENSION ARMS!

I look forward to an amazing F1 Asphalt season and another chance to see if the FGX or the F104 comes out ahead.

Troy
The funny thing is you can get a F103 for around $100 and smoke all of the 190mm cars anyway.