R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdlkgliders
Well I ran the 2.0 and flex top deck today for the first time. Unfortunately we got snowed out before the second heat. I really liked what I felt for the short time I ran, I practiced a lot, much more than usual. The setup was strong on rear grip for the first time since I have ran the car. I am just not sure how much the ball diff had to do with it, I tightened the diff down pretty tight and still had great rear end grip. I am definetely the closest I have been for low traction asphalt.
This weeks changes pre race were v2 rack, chassis top deck and ball diff.
I actually tried droop settings and ride height settings to get more forward bite as the above changes gave me a mild push from apex out.
I find that even on carpet that if I'm struggling to get the right thickness of fluid in the gear diff, I will run a ball diff.......it sort of gives me a feel that perhaps my setup is okay but my gear diff is off, no use chasing setup if its good but the diff is making the car act loose. After thats sorted I'll figure out if the diff needs thicker or thinner fluid and go from there.

If I remember correctly, way back in this thread, someone actually narrowed the rear section of the chassis, cutting it in a bit to get even more rear traction. I don't remember if it was pre 2.0 chassis or post, though. I think the waist was reduced to about the same distance as the front of the car is done in stock form.