R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 Redcat racing vortex SS engine upgrade
Old 03-17-2012, 12:52 PM
nitroexpress
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ClaBarre61
Hey all...I am new to the forums, so I apologize in advance for my newbie questions. But here it goes.... I just ordered a 1/10 scale Redcat Racing vortex SS nitro s/c truck, and I'm looking to hopefully find some local r/c hobby shops that race that scale. Currently the vehicle comes with a .18 engine and I would like to get a more powerful engine for racing. I was browsing tower hobbies and came across an o.s 19xz-b speed ABC engine, but am not sure if this will work/fit in the vehicle. Can someone give me some guidance and or suggest a list of items from engine, exhaust, suspension and other drive train items that I would need to get this vehicle to a competitive status. I apologize again if this question or questions is stupid, but just starting out I'm looking for as much information as I can get. Thank you all in advance that are willing to steer me in the correct direction.

Chris
A 1/10 scale nitro powered 4x4 with a 2 speed. Doubt that you'll find a class to race in. I'd hold off with the upgrades and just enjoy bashing it.