R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 03-15-2012, 11:45 AM
ijdod
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by terry.sc
All F1s can have front end dampening, it depends on what you lubricate the kingpins with and is a pretty standard setup adjustment. It certainly gives better damping than the centre damper on my old Corally F1.
My experience is the other way around. I also have some technical reasons to dislike the kingpin grease solution, hence I discounted this as a damping solution. You are correct though, it is damping, so I stand corrected.

Originally Posted by terry.sc
Your point was that 1/12th always was direct drive only and F1 should be the same, I was pointing out in the early days anything was allowed and it ended up with solid axle because that gave the best performance, not because they banned independent suspension. By a strange quirk here in the UK both 4wd and independent suspension is still allowed in 1/12th scale because there has been no need to ban them.
For what it's worth, based on a quick browsing through the rulebook, ROAR explicitly states a solid rear axle, IFMAR does not.

I don't think anyone can argue that we don't want the overdone rubbish that passes for paint schemes on tourers and buggies.
I can, actually . They're not my personal favourite, but I couldn't care less. And given Honda's 'World' livery a few years back, they're not so outrageous .

Unless all the manufacturers of cars and tyres get together and decide which rules to stick with we will always have two different styles of F1 racing. I don't have a problem with that, I just wish everyone would accept it as well.
+1

Last edited by ijdod; 03-15-2012 at 11:55 AM.