R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)
Old 03-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Geberit
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Well, all I can say it is that is in the works. We are trying a few different vendors to get them cut. I have tried to get them cut stateside, but I have not been very successful in getting a response from US-based CF shops.

Right now I am waiting on a quote from an overseas vendor. We will be sourcing the material with American CF, so at least we'll have quality stuff.

The chassis is super narrow, around 82mm. It uses 416 bell cranks and the battery is moved back about 2mm. We have also tried to equalize flex L to R as much as possible. The chassis sort of looks like a cross between the Serpent LE chassis and a Yokomo BD-5.

Hopefully we'll have some spy pics within 2-3 weeks.
Hi Cristian,

does it make any difference if you cut the Chassis to gain flex on the right spots? Let's say like this: http://zeppinracing.com/portfolio-vi...2-1mm-for-tc6/

I think the position of the bulkheads, motor mount, central shaft mount has a dramatic influence on chassis flex and cutting it like that will not bring a great effect like one would wish to ... just look the position of those on a TRF417X or BD5.

Regards, G