R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 12:10 PM
cwoods34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussF
I started with green rear and silver front and went stiffer with the blue front and silver rear. I would have thought the stiffer the car is the less traction it would have thus the less traction rolling. Am I backwards on that thought?

I didnt think the weight of the body (same model) would make a huge difference. So are you saying that for my setup I should go softer springs and changing the body should reduce my traction roll? No other changes?

Thanks for the help.
If the tires already make too much grip, sometimes stiffer springs will make it worse. Also, it might depend on how fast and hard you crank the steering wheel. If there isn't enough traction you can make the car get instantly loose (like through the sweeper). If there is too much traction, it'll feel like you can make it traction roll on command (when it normally wouldn't).

I've also never sauced less than half the fronts, because in my opinion if you are saucing that little amount, you should probably try a harder compound tire....

I've ran on the EXP30's numerous times at our track (lowbite carpet). There can be absolutely no grip whatsoever and the tires will still hook up. On most club days the 30s will start making too much grip for my liking even early in the day, so I just run 32s all day and make a few setup changes.