R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T3 2012
Thread: Xray T3 2012
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 12:11 PM
artwork
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by entitymugenmtx
What body is everyone using that works well for the T3 2012?
A lot of factors here on this one, luckily you really only have a couple of choices.

Protoform LTC-R is a good all around body that works well in most conditions. Most drivers outside run this body and a few inside (on Carpet or Paved) also use this body. For my driving style and car setup, the LTC-R works best in all conditions.

Protoform Mazdaspeed 6 is a really good body as well and is used most on carpet or other really high grip surfaces. I have never really liked this body, but a lot of people seem to and can make it work.

Regardless of what people will tell you the best thing you can do for yourself is to buy both and run them back to back. I think you will find that the LTC-R is bit more linear through the corner and the Mazda feels more progressive.

LTC-R seems to have great initial but looses a little bit of mid corner before it really digs in late in the corner.

The MazdaSPeed6 has a little less initial, but mid corner it is a monster and stays that way till the end of the corner.

Probably for most Xray setups the Speed 6 would be best since the car washes a bit mid corner, but I simply do not like how aggressive the car gets with this body. Poeple will tell you otherwise...that is why I suggest you get both and learn for yourself.