R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 11:43 AM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Keep in mind that my pistons have a little bit more piston to wall clearance are thicker and are large single hole. Remember we are tuning for handling more so than bumps ( as an off roader i have to remind myself of that!!) In general i dont care for a rear sway bar and no front because it makes the steering wierd and pitches the back around which can be fast but hard to stay consistent . With the thicker oils it slows down the movement of the rear closer to the movement of the front so both ends react close to the same. On the track the car is just more balanced and predictable. One thing i did notice is that the car is much more stable under braking with the sway bar so i have the lightest sway bar on just for that reason. Keep in mind that i am also on low/med grip asphalt.

This is one of the reasons i am anxious to get a dual arm front working so i can match roll centers and use sway bars like they are supposed to be used!

After watching your posted video, you definitely are a tick loose in the main, but oh so fast. Even with a broken front wing. Your car would break loose, rotate around the corner and you'd catch it and rocket away lap after lap. I can see how much you all rely on mechanical grip on that surface and for the most part all of the racers in your main did an excellent job. Great racing!