R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Inspire us. Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Marten
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Slo_E4
Thanks, actually it wasn't that bad. Just take your time, steady hands, and use your common sense the whole way through. Make sure you pay attention to the way the lead goes.

Little things that helped: when you shorten the TQ wire, dab a little flux on the end, and then a dab of solder. Keeps the tiny wires together.

Use flux, and do one at a time on the board, holding each one down with a small flat head. Also I had a vice to hold the rs itself.
I've never understood people who shorten the wires by crimping, soldering to plug pins or just by cutting a bit off and soldering back together. I'ts so much hassle compared to just cutting the lead and resoldering inside the servo. Those solder points are not so small, if you got a steady hand you don't even need too small of an iron. Though there are some exceptions - anybody who has tried to shorten the wire on higher end sanwa servos knows what i am talking about.