R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T3 2012
Thread: Xray T3 2012
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 05:26 AM
sagejyoung
Tech Adept

hi guys, finshed the build in around 4 hours - put in an hour or so at lunch today at work.

i have a couple of questions to get the car up and running for nationals this weekend. (i'll be testing on friday so can use that time to dial the rocketship)
To set the scene:
i run 17.5 boosted at South African Nationals, im going with the box setup on asphalt. its summer here so its hot

Do i run the gear diff in? does it need running in or will it do that on its own? 1000 cst oil in the diff.

given that 17.5 isnt as quick as mod should i heat shrink the drive shaft pins? and or thread lock?

should i use the sway bars? will this make me more consistent if the majority of people dont even know how to set them properly (me included)?

if the car needed more flex (grip) should i remove some screws out of the top deck? inside screws?

anything else you can suggest to make the car consistent? im not interested in pace for now consistency in this class is important.

as a comment: i have prob built around 8 cars so far and none have come together as smoothly as this one. glad i bought it - now to hit the track.