R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Troy Mckune
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default MD-FGX

First off, thank you to all who purchased kits. I have completely sold out of the first batch. I am currently running another batch and should have more kits available Thursday.

We had a great day of practice and testing at Timezone on Sunday. Mark Day and myself were running the complete kit. I set up my car with a shorty Revtech lipo, inline esc, and no front weight. The total car weight was 1226 grams. Just about 180 grams lighter than with a standard pack and front weight. Mark was running a standard lipo and the front weight. I was able to shave off another .3 seconds a lap. When I started this process a few months back on the same track I was just trying to get 15 flat laps. My fast laps at the time were 15.1s. Sunday I got my first 14 flat lap and was doing
14.1-14.2 all day.

Erik was running the stock chassis and a Mckune Design FGX Top Deck. For the first time in two months he was able to break 15 second laps and got his first 14.8 lap.

For those of you who are going to Nationals, Mark Day and Kody Knudtson will be there running MD-FGX's.

The press release came out today on www.redrc.net

Notes:
1. If you run the aftermarket aluminum steering with my top deck you need to make sure to do a few steps. Make sure when your servo is centered it is perfectly perpendicular to the servo case. Then shorten the tie rod until the steering linkage is parallel and centered. Now adjust your steering turnbuckles until your tires are straight. Measure your left and right steering turnbuckles. At this point they should be exactly the same. If not something is not centered and adjust until they are. This will result in the same steering throw left to right. I am working on a carbon extension for the aftermarket linkage that will make this less critical.
2. If you run the front weight you will need to turn the two front screws upside down. Without the weight the screw heads show and the nuts are down.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FGX Shorty Lipo.jpg
Views:	1631
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	889971  

Last edited by Troy Mckune; 03-07-2012 at 09:41 AM.