R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - how do you treat tires?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Teufel Racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc273
lol nice! how was that race anyways..i watched the whole thing on liverc but it doesnt show the whole track up close or anything
As a whole the race was fun as always. Two main things this year were the running the three seperate tracks at one event. I don;t that's been tried before and I think Joey and the Dirt Crew learned a lot from just that. Second main thing was the lack of rain, no rain to be exact. I'm told that it always rains at the NC at some point, so no rain I think, made the event that much more better.

The Fear Farm track, more so the clay/dirt there was better than I thought it would be. The facility is top notch and the Fear Farm folks have gone the distance to make the facility as a whole, one of the best.

With near or at 700 entries for the event, I think it puts it as the biggest turnout for any offroad event (I could be wrong), and the only other event that is bigger in RC is the Snowbirds onroad race (I think). Well worth the trip to make the race.

Anyway back to the dirt. There's some rock in there, but not too much. Though some of the sparks off the chassis's in the Pro Buggy and Truggy mains were cool to see. Tire wise, I had little to go on with the event being at a new location. What info I did get was mainly from some of the local racers that were kind enough to post up what worked on here. Both tread type and compound. I'd say that the info was pretty much spot on. This was the first event that I have been to that one set of tires "could" get you through the week. The track wasn't really eating tires, though some of the top Pro's did go through a little more to keep the fast laps going. Many opted to run Hole Shots and I'd dont think they lasted, but were fast.

Like I said I ran Gridirons all week and while probably not the fastest tires to run, they worked well enough for me to feel good with them. For sure not the norm for a big event, but for the racers that can't afford one run sets, it was a welcomed thing to know one set for the event was doable.