View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 02:24 AM
Bishop
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Prototype @ TITC

Regards Robert
To me, that picture fixes something I did not like in the original prototype pics, which had the Tamiya style mountings, it's gone the way I think of Xray now, keeping it simular to original Photon, but separating the arms from the bulkheads, which I believe is desirable (I hear/read it greatly increases grip).

Swing vs cam steering rack, I think something has always appealed to me about a cam steering system, but I know mine has always been prone to wandering on an uneven surface, and I keep reading the swing racks track better, more true, less sensitive to uneven surfaces?.
Kind of a shame when you hang out the servo more, plus is you free up more deck space, minus more prone to get a big hit maybe, and I'm way used to sticking my transponder on the back of my servo.

As pictured though, I'd rock that new model, good to see it retain a strap option, rear gear diff a huge bonus (though I'd crave two in the kit), sway bar with one alloy retainer big bonus (Serpent style), and I'd be very keen to try the swing rack.
Stuff I'll miss a little, pimp alloy battery mounts (but hey it's just cause they do look super pimp), and cutout with full motor guard.

But bring it on TOP, I'm still basically the lone Photon guy in my state, but pimp red and a lot of the core car features still do it for me.