R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 03-03-2012, 03:56 AM
Rod M
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
I made an excitement in my pants...

No one take this the wrong way, but I was wondering if the price would drop cause the new TA 6.1 is good, and cheap, it's not up to the TOP on quality, but I'm fighting a hoard of them suddenly at my track, plus I drove a friends last meet, and it was very good on track.

Don't know if this can be confirmed or not yet with the new model, but I have various sway bars, belts etc, and wondered if much will carry over?, even shocks etc?, would be nice to get a new kit and end up with a handy amount of spares from breaking down the old car rather than selling it off.
price should "technically" be a little lower than the original photon simply as the EX will come with a Gear diff instead of a ball diff (approx $15-20 cheaper?)

I have received the latest EX Prototype Cad file and there are some changes from the Original EX Prototype we ran (and destroyed at TITC ), looks to be mostly around the Bottom deck and toe adjustment,

we had a look at some of the new Gear diffs at TITC and they do look very nice,

my understanding is that carryover from the original Photon to the EX will be all the plastic mold parts (arms, knuckles, c-hubs, etc), Shocks, sway-bars, belts, pulleys, universals and diffs,

basically if you currently own a photon and have a bunch of spares then the new EX will be able to use them,

Last edited by Rod M; 03-03-2012 at 04:34 AM.