R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Ideal entry level nitro?
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Cog

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slugly
Hi guys,

At the moment i drive electric, but i've always wanted to go into nitro. What would be a good stock car to get me started on? I'm a fairly fast learner, and im pretty comfortable with a remote so if the car is a little better than entry level that's alright . I'm looking for a stadium truck or a buggy (i.e. Traxxas Rustler/Bandit) around the 1/10 size. If you need any more information just ask

Cheers
All depends. If you are going to race take a pass on the ready to run kits and find a decent Losi Eight or Ofna CRT in the for sale section a buy your own electronics and motor. That is 1/8th truggy for above

If you are interested in buggys, same thing, Ofna or Kyosho buggy, cannot go wrong. Plenty of good used ones for sale and you add your own stuff such as motor and electronics. The RTR kits aren't bad if you do not intend to race. I started with an MGT RTR then got got an OFNA CRT and Losi Eight T then Kyosho buggy. Lots of fun, lots of money and even more time. Good luck. Its not like electric my friend, much more needed then batteries. Just warning you

Believe me though, nothin like a fine tuned Nitro engine slamming it hard down the dirt.