R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - DID TESSMANS HB REALLY WIN THE DNC
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 08:23 AM
bigmane42
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Eivind E
For me this discussion isn't as interesting as the other aspect not mentioned here:
If a layman, who doesn't know so much about racing, sees the results and sees that it says that a HB D8 won this race, and goes out and buys one - then when he builds it he realizes it is a completely different car, has he not got a right to feel cheated?
From reports on the HB thread it seems like the car isn't handling right out of the box, and it sounds like lots of people are putting the truggy shock tower on the back etc etc etc.
Basicly it sounds to me like the car just isn't right the way it comes out of the box.

If you compare this to say a Mugen MBX6/R/EU or Kyosho TKI2 or whatever, you are basicly getting much more near to the race winning cars.
Robert Batlle's Mugen isn't very different from the kit car, it's just setup adjustments and a set of swaybars and springs.

Basicly I feel this side of the Hotbodies debate has been lost here in confusion, where people have just shouted "are you ragging on Tessman" or whatever.

My point is:
Is it fair to portray this as a D8 winning a race, when clearly it isn't even close to what comes in the kit?
Thank u thats all i was saying i would never kill another guys success they took it to far thank u for clearing that up.