View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 11:38 PM
JamesReilly
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Race Report from the Mid West Grand Slam Race 4 at MSI

Qualified: 17.5 TC: 6th 13.5 TC: TQ

Finished: 17.5 TC: 5th 13.5 TC: 1st

Notes: I started with my recent set-up but they sprayed the track on Saturday morning this was causing a little issue finding a good balance as the corners were a little inconstant. Through out practice I keep trying different things looking for the right balance but keep coming up with too much steering or not enough. Quailifing ended up with me sitting 6th in 17.5 and TQ in 13.5 I ended up pretty much back at my original set-up with some little changes I spring rate lower all around and 0.1 thicker front sway bar. But the car was very good for the mains. The 17.5 main started out rough and I fell back to 9th or 10th and came back to 5th, I did get close to the main pack but made a few mistakes cost me. However the 13.5 main was a different story, we had a very clean start and I started to pull away and was able to build a good lead and was able to hold it to take the Win.

Thanks, Serpent, Sweep and Fantom for all the support.
James

Kelso race the same set-up with only a minor change for driving style he used a 2.6 front spring and the stock shocks same oils.
Attached Files