R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support
Old 02-28-2012, 10:24 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clayrace24
I ran again at West Coast . Tightened my diff a hair and ran Jack the Ripper sauce. The car ran very well. I do have 1/2 ounce on the rear pod near the left wheel. This is what I put on there last week to cut down the spinning on some left turns. I checked the links and they feel smooth, re-lubed the tubes.

I guess I'll have to head over to TQ. What tire setup do you guys run there and what's a good gear ratio for 17 turn blinky?

Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions. I feel a bit uneasy without tweak screws!

Clay
jack and black/orange at TQ, and you will be in the hunt. (for me at least) running foam tired pancars on carpet is waaayyy more drivable(is that a word?) than the asphalt at WC. don't worry about tweak screws with a BMI, instead be fussy about balancing the car.
i have some bmi parts if you need some, will be at TQ a week from next sunday (hopefully).

it may be my limited driving or chassis tuning ability, but with 1/12 grip was always a light switch and unpredictable, while TC with rubber was much more manageable.