R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 02-28-2012, 01:23 PM
6376vette
Tech Master

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
All of the above help settle down my car when tires are no help anymore.
We've even been widening the front track width with shims to smooth it out as well as the 3.5 offset front spindles.
When all else fails, a tiny bead of super glue around outside edge of tire tread/contact patch.
I've been to the point where a medium front compound is too much steering and a bit firmer is useless so I've had good luck with the CA glue.
As said above, the higher front ride height (motorboat), light shock oil and super free rear articulation, short top deck and FRP chassis for excessive flex etc. all help on the crappy surfaces.
I've used the super glue trick before and it does work to get you through a crappy race night but it is just a band aid. There is a permanent fix to the handling problems. Keep searching for it and it will eventually show itself. I had a bad traction roll problem. Turned out to be too low of a front roll center not enough camber too stiff of a rear end and too much traction compound up front. Keep looking. There is an answer