R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2002, 07:27 PM
Schuie Driver
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys.......just got back from the track where I had the chance to drive my Losi in the modified class. This is the first time I've run mod in probably the last 4 years or so and I had an absolute blast!

Anyway, I've got two questions. First, I see that Losi has released both the steel and aluminum dogbones as a separate item. (When I first bought the car the only way you could get spare bones was by buying the whole CVD assembly.) Are the steel and aluminum bones interchangeable now or do you need to buy the aluminum CVD assembly first before you can buy just the bones? I thought that the aluminum CVD kits had a shorter axle or something, so there might be a reason I couldn't just swap the steel with the aluminum. Hoping I'm wrong though because the aluminum bones are only $8 a piece.

Second.....for those of you who are using the low roll center option, when you want to run high roll center again do you need to purchase new front and rear bumpers? Would be nice if you could use the same bumpers for both high and low after you've cut off required sections.