R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jumps at Track Are Frustrating Me
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Jake C6R
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake C6R
I went to a local track today to practice. I have a lot of experience bashing but not a lot of track time.

I am running a 8ight-T 2.0 but having problems staying on the wheels. I swear I spent more time on the nose or roof than the wheels!

There are many jumps on this track, some doubles and the big ones are rutted out at the bottom and pretty steep. I can't seem to get the throttle right. I would land one then the next one right back on the nose then the turtle shell. My throttle response was a little lagging because I richened it up to keep the temps down. Max was 251 but most of the time it was around 220, but seemed to respond much better at 235 - it's a Losi 454. I think I should have leaned it a little and run it for better throttle response, and that was one of my mistakes.

Anyway I guess I was too late on the throttle or when I would really run at the big double on the corner I would overshoot and that was a bad place to crash. Even the smaller doubles were not easy. Frustrating, guess just more frequent practice is in order.
Any words of wisdom from track veterans?

BTW everyone there was really cool about the crashing, and there were actually guys there worse than me LOL