R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - i Need your advice for Buggy ..
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 07:24 PM
drstrangelove
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry mate,

I think I should correct this statement.

"I HIGHLY recommend that you DO NOT just go to your local hobby store and ask them for advise. Most will get you to buy something that benefit their business rather than you. "

Should be, I highly recommend that you do your research before you go to your local hobby store and ask them for advise. And if you are in my COUNTRY, You better do that because THEY will convince you to buy something that benefit their business rather than you. That's my experience when I was told that Kyosho products are actually made in Taiwan and no long in Japan because the owner do not carry them and that all cars are the same, it's the driver who make the different (true to some point)

And I was recommended to purchase Kyosho Inferno NEO and not Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI2 when the local distributor was out of stock with TKI2 here (I specifically asked for TKI2). The staff there basically told me there is no different between NEO and TKI2! I was like, so can you sell me the TKI2 for the price of NEO???

That is the sad state of my local hobby store here and you must really know your stuff before you buy from them or you will regret your purchase once you have a better knowledge about all this stuff

Those who really race and own a hobby store are those that you can trust. They will advise you based on their passion and not just business. Those who are just business owner, be careful of them.

That's why I prefer to always do my research before I go down and order from them or just buy online.

So sorry, not all country hobby store is like my country.

Anyway, your question is about what to buy and not local hobby store. I just want to correct my statement as I was typing quite fast yesterday and focusing on the items more

Again, listen to KWT-NITRO. Get advise from him. I've learn that those who are passionate about this hobby will be passionate to help up other people too because they want to see this hobby grow and they aren't that worried about competition. Thats the whole idea of racing!! More competition, more challenges, more FUN and exciting! I will try to help too but I'm no where comparing to KWT-NITRO