R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 07:16 PM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by 6376vette
When you say get the arms parallel are you referring to the relation between the upper link and the lower arm?
Yes.

AArivers, Man you got ALOT going on with your ride!! The long links in the rear are a bad idea, in essence it raises roll center way out of whack more than it already is! go back to the short link and raise the Roll center by lowering the inside link as much as you can without hitting the drive shafts, I had to do a little grind work on the actual ball cups due to the extreme angle.
Running the front of your car that wide and the rear narrow compounds the boat effect, that sway bar looks really thick! With your rear links like that you get absolutely no camber gain in fact i think you may actually get positive gain! I believe that is the reason 3racing built the rear arms like that. I wonder what would happen if you just ran like -3* of rear camber? that may help out,sounds extreme but the lower arm is already at an extreme angle. Without me actually seeing your car on a video i am just speculating, it just seems that there are a lot of counter acting forces in there!