R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 02-21-2012, 06:50 AM
e-guy1980
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Wow I'm glad I don't run in TX...I can understand wanting the cars to look scale...however there should be some leeway in that. What happens when someone who hasn't ran there before comes with something different? Are you going to force them to buy a whole new body just to adhere to the rules.

As for forum bashing...DQ'ing people for what they say on the forums is just wrong. You have control over your race and track...you do not have control over RC Tech or other forums except your own. I would never ever censor one of my racers like that. I've always welcomed both positive and negative feedback in all the races I have organized.
There is so much more to it than that, it's crazy. I really wanted to get involved in this class but I have pretty much given up just because of the ridiculousness I have seen already. The "issue" about that silver cans was actually a question about it's legality because it had been inadvertently left out of one set of rules when they were being transferred between websites. Someone questioned it because they wanted to be sure what the rules were and got accused of "stirring up sh**". I don't agree with the paint job rule, but would be more than willing to accept it, was it not for the pompous attitude some have displayed in regards to the rule. The statement "If you do not have the ability to paint and sticker, im sorry for your bad luck. Smiley and others will paint for you if you can afford it" from one of the "organizers" pretty much sums up the overall attitude and gives me a really sour impression of something that should be a wonderful class. These aren't the only things I've had issues with, but the ones that have most influenced my decision away form being involved in this class. And before someone says I'm just some newb who needs to keep my mouth shut, I have raced r/c or full scale cars in some form since 1987, I have seen more classes killed and tracks shut down by poor promotion than I can count, and overbearing or favoritist attitudes are most often to blame.