R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 02-21-2012, 06:27 AM
j.d.roost
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don't think "banning" the fgx is the answer either....
My point of view was the 200mm (at alot of tracks) cars were banned. Yet the fgx comes out and an exception was quickly made to the rules.(again..not everywhere..just for some of the larger clubs/races). Still leaving the folks that owned 200mm cars not able to race at every event.This sort of stuck in the craw of some of us "wide" folks.

What happens when/if some serious tuner parts come out for the fgx and (speculating here folks) it starts tromping all over the 104?
Do we go back to the 180mm rule?

Again...not a salty dog and this is no soapbox rant (I have/had two 104s
three 103s and a 109 at one time).I just think somebody should speak out for the folks that invested in the wider cars and maybe come up with a solution that works for all of us. I would think getting everyone on the same tire would be a better place to go from here if we want some continuity in the class. We would need either a 103 "offset" rim that fits
104/hpi tires..or some adapters to widen the rear of a 103 enough when running 104 rims.Not "spec" just same size mind you.

As they should most tracks will do what is best for their local racers.